house, now ruined, is half way down St. Mary's Wynd. Bought
and added to by the Cowane family it became John Cowane's
town house. He was the wealthy merchant who left money, part
of which was used to found the Guild Hall(John Cowanes Hospital).
The house must have enjoyed fine views over the river to
Abbey Craig and the Ochils.
the building was used as a carpet factory and as a school,
and was unroofed in 1877.